Instrumentensammlungen in Europa

Schweiz

  • Genf - COLLECTION DES INSTRUMENTS ANCIENS DE MUSIQUE

    L'un des objectifs du plan directeur de 1997 est la création d'un espace d'accueil dévolu à la collection d'instruments anciens de musique, demeurée depuis 1993 dans les réserves du Musée d'art et d'histoire. Celle-ci, complétée par des pièces confiées par la Fondation de la Ménestrandie, devrait être ultérieurement restituée au public dans une mise en scène ludique et interactive. Présenté partiellement jusqu'en 1993 rue Lefort, ce bel ensemble de plus de 600 pièces du XVIe au XIXe siècle, de provenance européenne, illustre les importantes familles d'instruments à cordes pincées ou frottées, à clavier, à percussion et à vent. Il reflète l'importance de la tradition musicale à Genève, un des points forts de sa culture.
    C'est le collectionneur Fritz Ernst qui a rassemblé la majorité des instruments. Il a longtemps présenté ce trésor historique dans sa maison rue Lefort. Ce Musée "vivant" fut créé à titre privé et ouvert au public le 1er septembre 1960. En 1969, le collectionneur vendit sa collection à la Ville tout en restant le seul et unique conservateur de son musée. à sa mort, en 1992, ses héritiers se défirent de la maison et en 1993, faute de place, les instruments furent temporairement déposés dans les réserves.

  • Basel - Musikinstrumentenmuseum

    Die Musikinstrumenten-Sammlung ist die mit Abstand grösste in der Schweiz und entsprechenden Beständen in den grossen europäischen Museen vergleichbar. Derzeit umfasst sie etwa 3'000 Objekte, fast ausschliesslich europäische Instrumente aus dem 16. bis 20. Jahrhundert. Es handelt sich um eine herausragende Studiensammlung für instrumentenkundliche und aufführungspraktische Untersuchungen.

  • Luzern - Richard-Wagner-Museum, Sammlung historischer Musikinstrumente

    Die Instrumentensammlung im Richard-Wagner-Museum
    Im ersten Obergeschoss befindet sich die Sammlung alter Musikinstrumente (Henri Schumacher-Scheidegger) mit seltenen Instrumenten aus Europa, Afrika und Asien. Der instrumentenkundige Luzerner Architekt Otto Dreyer hatte 1943 den Stadtrat auf die Instrumentensammlung aufmerksam gemacht - 1946 konnte die hervorragende Sammlung, die ausschliesslich aus gespielten Instrumenten besteht, in den Museumräumlichkeiten im ersten Stock ausgestellt werden. Sie enthält seltene Instrumente - wie beispielsweise das Regal (Kleinorgel) aus dem Kloster Muri oder eine Glastrompete.

Italien

  • Cremona - Museo Civico Ala Ponzone - Museo Stradivariano

    La storia del Museo Stradivariano ha radici che risalgono al 1893 quando veniva accettata dalla città di Cremona la donazione di Giovanni Battista Cerani, contenente alcuni reperti appartenuti ad Antonio Stradivari. Unico canale di arricchimento del museo furono sempre le donazioni private. La parte più rilevante che costituisce il Museo è quella rappresentata dal materiale proveniente da Ignazio Alessandro Cozio conte di Salabue (1755-1840) considerato, dagli storici, il maggiore collezionista ed esperto, nel campo degli strumenti ad arco, del suo tempo. La collezione Salabue fu acquistata nel 1920 dal liutaio bolognese Giuseppe Fiorini, che a quell'epoca pagò la notevole somma di centomila lire. Vicissitudini di vario genere precedettero l'atto di donazione della Collezione al Museo Civico di Cremona da parte di Giuseppe Fiorini nell'anno 1930; il materiale veniva collocato nella "Sala Stradivariana" che sarebbe stata poi inaugurata il 26 ottobre dello stesso anno, dall'allora ministro della giustizia senatore Alfredo Rocco. E' questo un corpus unico al mondo costituito da forme in legno, modelli cartacei e attrezzi vari appartenuti al grande liutaio cremonese. Fanno parte del Museo anche numerosi strumenti ad arco e a pizzico (molti di questi strumenti sono esposti) dei secoli XVII, XVIII, XIX e XX.

  • Milano / Museo dArte Antica del Castello Sforzesco (Museum für Kunstgeschichte im Sforza-Kastell)

    Drei Stadtmuseen wetteifern in dieser aus roten Ziegeln gemauerten Burg am Rande des Sempione-Parks um Aufmerksamkeit. Das ehrwürdigste unter ihnen ist das Museum für Kunstgeschichte. Besucher interessiert vor allem Michelangelos letztes Werk, die nicht fertiggestellte Piet Rondanini, auf dem die Jungfrau Maria Jesus Leichnam in ihren Armen hält. Diese vom Museum 1952 angekaufte Skulptur hat eine rauhe Oberfläche und ist auf abstrakte Weise gewunden, was sie auffallend modern macht. Im Stockwerk über der ausgedehnten Skulpturen-Galerie befindet sich eine große Gemäldesammlung, zu der bedeutende Werke von Mantegna, Antonello da Messina und Leonardo da Vinci gehören. Neben dem Museum für Kunstgeschichte, das sich mit der Pinacoteca del Castello (es beherbergt italienische Gemälde aus dem 13. bis 18. Jahrhundert) in einem Gebäude befindet, liegen die anderen beiden Museen das Museum für Kunstgewerbe (hier werden Arbeiten aus Schmiedeeisen, Keramiken, Elfenbein und Musikinstrumente ausgestellt) und das Archäologische Museum. Beide sind im Fort (Rocchetta) untergebracht.
    Piazza Castello
    Tel: (02) 62 08 39 40.
    Anreise: Metro Cairoli oder Cadorna; Buslinien 43, 57 oder 70; Straßenbahn 1, 4, 12, 14, 20 oder 27.
    öffnungszeiten: Di-So 09.30-17.30 Uhr.
    Eintritt: Frei.

  • Bologna - Museo civico

    Gli strumenti musicali esposti nelle sale del Museo provengono dalle raccolte di due importanti istituzioni bolognesi: il Museo Civico Medievale e il Civico Museo Bibliografico Musicale. Il nucleo della raccolta di strumenti musicali del Medievale proviene dal Liceo musicale istituito nel 1804: Federico Parisini (bibliotecario del Liceo nel periodo 1881-1891), raccontava come in seguito alle soppressioni napoleoniche "si videro esposte in Bologna alla pubblica vendita molte ed insigni opere musicali, nonché libri corali, istrumenti rari ed altro spettante alla musica". L'Amministrazione centrale del Dipartimento del Reno aveva interpellato il governo della Repubblica Cisalpina per far acquistare e conservare gli oggetti che rischiavano la dispersione. Gli strumenti recuperati vennero quindi affidati al Liceo e nel 1881 giunsero infine al Museo Civico Medievale, dove sono stati conservati fino ad oggi.

Grossbritannienien

  • London - Victoria & Albert Museum

  • London - Royal College of music

    The Royal College of Music's Museum of Instruments houses an internationally renowned collection of over 800 instruments and accessories from c.1480 to the present (700 European, keyboard, stringed and wind; 100 Asian and African). Gifts since the foundation of the College in 1883 include important collections from the Rajah S.M.Tagore (1884), the Prince of Wales, later King Edward VII (1886), Sir George Donaldson (1894), A.J.Hipkins (1911), E.A.K.Ridley (1968), Geoffrey Hartley (1985), Amaryllis Fleming (2002), Richard Walton (2003) and Crispian Steele-Perkins (2003). In 1970 the collection was re-housed in a new museum, made possible by the generosity of Trusts and donors.

  • Edinburgh University Collection of Historic Musical Instruments

    Reid Concert Hall Museum of Instruments (The John Donaldson Collection of Musical Instruments)

    Wind, String and Percussion Instruments from all periods and places, with an emphasis on European instruments

    Reid Concert Hall, Bristo Square, Edinburgh EH8 9AG, U.K.

    The John Donaldson Collection of Musical Instruments was established as the Music Classroom Museum by Professor John Donaldson (1845-1865) who built its present gallery. It was substantially augmented by the Galpin Society in the period 1969-1980 and re-established as the Edinburgh University Collection of Historic Musical Instruments in 1980.

  • Oxford - Asmolean Museum

  • Oxford - The Bate collection

    The Bate Collection celebrates the history and development of musical instruments of the Western Classical tradition from the medieval period until the present day. The Collection is made available for study and judicious use by scholars, students, makers, and players, so as to enhance and increase the knowledge of the history of music as well as the enjoyment of historic performance for all.

  • Edinburgh, Reid Concert Hall Museum of Instruments

    Reid Concert Hall Museum of Instruments (The John Donaldson Collection of Musical Instruments) Wind, String and Percussion Instruments from all periods and places, with an emphasis on European instruments

    The John Donaldson Collection of Musical Instruments was established as the Music Classroom Museum by Professor John Donaldson (1845-1865) who built its present gallery. It was substantially augmented by the Galpin Society in the period 1969-1980 and re-established as the Edinburgh University Collection of Historic Musical Instruments in 1980.

Frankreich

  • Paris - Cité de la Musique

    The Cité de la Musique in Paris offers everyone access to culture through its concerts, museum and exhibitions and documentation centres as well as educational and publishing activities aimed at both adults and young people.

  • Musee des Beaux Arts

    Das Musee des Beaux Arts ist eine Villa in italianisierendem Renaissancestil mit Treppenaufgang und Wintergarten, und es zeigt Werke von Fragonard, Degas, Monet, Renoir, Sisley, Rodin, Braque, Picasso, Bormard und van Dongen. Besondere Abteilungen sind den Rokokomalern der Nizzafamilie van Loo gewidmet und dem Pionier der Posterkunst in der Belle Epoque, Jules Cheret. Das Museum liegt 5 Gehminuten vom Negresco entfernt Richtung Westen in der Avenue des Baumettes 33.
    Es sind einige Biedermaiergitarren ausgestellt und es gibt einen interessanten Katalog einer Sonderausstellung aus dem Jahre 1994
    Montags geschlossen.

  • CIMCIM

Niederlande

Belgien

  • Brüssel - Musikinstrumentenmuseum

    The MIM exhibits an unique collection of musical instruments. It offers too a large diversity of activities for a so large public as possible. The MIM houses an exhaustive panorama of ancient, modern and traditional music.
    - His mision is multiple ; conservation , restoration, scientific search, information, education, and entertainement.
    - the MIM wants to be considered as a museum of the new generation: professionnal, exciting and open to his public. It presents a new technology, in his scientific work as wel in his scenography and communication.
    - Seated in the heart of the cultural activity of Brussels, capital of Europe, the MIM wants to be a living space, a permanent for music and art. The MIM is federal museum and is a part of the Royal Museum of art and History.

Österreich - Austria

  • Wien - Kunsthistorisches Museum

    Die Sammlung alter Musikinstrumente besitzt zahlreiche Instrumente, die von berühmten Musikern und Komponisten gespielt wurden. Auf dem Gebiet der Renaissance-Instrumente ist sie die bedeutendste Sammlung der Welt. Ihre Bestände stammen aus Habsburgischem Besitz; sie werden durch Ankäufe, Schenkungen und Leihgaben kontinuierlich erweitert.

  • Linz - Oberöstereichiches Landesmuseum

    Bereits drei Jahre nach der Gründung wies das Museum eine Sammlung historischer Musikinstrumente auf.
    1836 widmete das Stift Kremsmünster 46 Lauten-, Streich- und Holzblasinstrumente aus einem in Jahrhunderten der klösterlichen Musikpflege angewachsenen Bestand.
    In der Folge erweiterten Ankäufe und Schenkungen die Sammlung. Sie fielen im Umfang geringer aus, erreichten aber besonders in einem Fall die Bedeutung der Ersterwerbungen. 1843 schenkte Johann, der Bruder Ludwig van Beethovens, dem Museum einen Hammerflügel der Brüder Erard aus Paris von 1803. Ludwig spielte den Flügel bis 1824, ehe er ihn seinem Bruder, der Besitzer der Linzer Wasserapotheke war, überließ.

  • Musikland Tirol

    "Das Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum (gegründet 1823) hat in den letzten Jahren seine Aufgabe dahin erweitert, auch tirolische Musikinstrumente zu sammeln und, soweit es zum Vergleich in der Entwicklung derselben dienlich ist, nebenbei auch solche nicht tirolischer Herkunft." So beginnt Franz Waldner seine grundlegende Studie "Nachrichten über tirolische Lauten- und Geigenbauer", die er 1911 in der Zeitschrift des Ferdinandeums veröffentlichte. Franz Waldner war von Beruf Arzt, seine Berufung galt aber ganz der landeskundlichen Musikforschung, wozu er eine Reihe pionierhafter, engagiert und gewissenhaft recherchierter Studien beitrug. Ihm ist auch die Gründung der Musiksammlung des Tiroler Landesmuseums zu verdanken, indem er 1907 die bislang eher zufällig in das Museum gelangten Musikinstrumente, die bezeichnenderweise in einer Abteilung Alterthümer, historische Erinnerungen und Kuriositäten untergebracht waren, in einem eigens errichteten Musikalien-Kabinett zusammengefasst > Erwerbungen, vor allem von Streichinstrumenten, die gegenwärtig zu den Preziosa der Sammlung gehören

    Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum
    Museumstr. 15, A 6020 Innsbruck
    Tel.: +43 (0) 512 59 489 Fax: +43 (0) 512 59 489 - 88

diverse Länder

  • Abo (Turku), Sibelius Museum

    The Sibelius museum is the only museum totally devoted to music in Finland. The museum building, designed by Woldemar Baeckman, is one of the most original Finnish creations of the 1960s. A selection taken from the 1400 instruments of traditional and art musics from all around the globe is exhibited. One room is naturally reserved for Sibelius's life and work. During the autumn, winter, and spring seasons the museum hosts chamber music concerts on Wednesday evenings.
    The collections available at the Sibelius museum are of interest to both experts and ordinary music lovers.
    Address:
    Biskopsgatan 17
    FIN-20500 Åbo (Turku); Finland

  • Lissabon - museo da musica

    The Music Museum is an institution under the Portuguese Institute of Museums (Instituto Português de Museus), in which one of the richest instrument collections in Europe is housed, along with documents, an iconography collection and sound archive.
    It has been open to the public since 26th July 1994 in the underground station of Alto dos Moinhos, benefiting from a sponsorship agreement signed by the Portuguese Institute of Museums and the Lisbon Underground Railway.
    The aim of the Museum is to preserve and maintain this endowment, while at the same time with a view to making it available for study, education and diversion to all who are interested.
    This is achieved in a number of ways: the acquisition of new pieces; the encouragement of a complete study of the collections through the holding of temporary exhibitions and the publishing of studies and disks; maintaning the qualitative integrity of the instrument collection; educational visits, recitals, talks and other events.

  • Stockholm - Musikinstrumentenmuseum

    Welcome to "Musikmuseet" -The Stockholm Music Museum!
    Immerse yourself in music in this wonderful old building: Watch, listen and play! The displays aim to illustrate music's varied aspects using instruments, audiovisual equipment and a diverse array of other items including pictures, manuscripts and music.

    The museum's internationally renowned collection is large: over 6,000 musical instruments! You can see some of them in the exhibitions.

  • Trondheim - Musikinstrumentenmuseum

    Ringve houses Norway's National museum of music and musical instruments with collections from the whole world. The interiors from the 1880s in the Great House provides a backdrop for guided tours with musical demonstrations during the summer season, while the exhibition "The Museum in the Barn" is available throughout the year.

    Ringve is situated only 10 minutes from Trondheim by car, and is one of the old country seats on the historical Lade peninsula with buildings from the 1700s, 1800s and the 1900s.

  • Poznan ( Polen ) - Instrumentenmuseum

    Muzeum Instrumentów Muzycznych Stary Rynek 45,PL 61-772 Poznan
    tel. (0-61) 85 68 178
    tel/fax. (0-61) 85 68 177

  • Moskau - Museum für Musik Kultur

    In March 1912, in the former office of Nikolai Rubinstein, the founder of the Moscow Conservatoire, a museum was opened. In 1943, the Soviet government decided to set up a State Central Museum of Musical Culture on the basis of the Conservatoire's museum. In 1954, when the country's musical circles marked the 150th anniversary of Mikhail Glinka's birth, it was named after the great Russian composer. In the summer of 1985 its display was inaugurated in a new building constructed specially for the museum.